Stair treads are also known as stair runners and they can be the ideal way to cover and protect your gorgeous wood stairs. They can be a touch of excellence and can give the homeowner who uses them a feeling of elegance.
Stair treads are also used as a product that is eco-friendly and they can be a complement to a variety of today’s lifestyles. This means that there are certain factors that need to be taken into consideration before you go out and buy your stair treads so that you get results that are fantastic.
Just like with any other area rug, your stair treads need to be durable and have the power to be able to handle a great deal of foot traffic. When looking for stair treads made from natural fibers, the best choices are sea grass and sisal because they can take the abuse. Additionally, you can find these materials in a variety of colors and shades to match any décor.
These stair treads that are made from natural fibers can be a magnificent addition to anyone’s home. They add a bit of style and warmth to hardwood floors. The problem with beautiful hardwood stairs is that they can be slippery and even dangerous for children and elderly people. Those bare stairs can also be cold in the winter months. Getting the right natural fiber stair treads can minimize the danger while keeping the cold at bay and being attractive.
When you are choosing them, keep these things in mind:
- Check to ensure that the edges are bound. Are they bound with high quality yarn serging or a binding tape that matches the color? If you want the look of a higher end carpet, then go with the serged edges.
- What about the price? Keep in mind the rule of thumb that you get what you pay for. To get the natural fibers of a higher quality such as wool, they will typically be a bit more expensive. Remember though that this is an investment in keeping your stairs protected as well as keeping you’re protected from falls.
- Style and color matter. Whether you are looking for a solution for those hidden basement steps or for a gorgeous staircase in a highly visible area, you will want to choose the color and style accordingly…and the price too.
- Size – make sure that you are getting a size that will fit both length and width appropriately.
- Is there a runner that will match for your hallway or foyer? Do you want to get a coordinating set or just the stair treads?
- What is the material? Natural fiber treads are higher end than their synthetic counterparts. They are also more durable and easier to care for.
Keep all of these things in mind when you are choosing your stair treads for the top supplier of high quality, unique and affordable stair treads.